The Annual SSMHOA Block Captain Meeting, chaired by Nora Nicosia, is coming up on Thursday, February 6, 2014 at 7:30pm. The location is 120 Lighthouse Mall. This is always a delightful event with tasty nibbles and wine combined with a productive review of ongoing projects and a forum for new ideas to benefit the Silver Strand neighborhood.
The Agenda will Include:
1) A report/discussion on Emergency Preparedness (Bill Boyd).
2) Eric Beane will talk about what activities Block Captains could organize for Silver Strand parents and kids. Sandy Starr has proposed that we participate in the Little Free Library program by installing a book box in one of the mini-Malls. Eric has brought up the idea of a book kiosk. Playgroups are another possibility.
3) The Annual Silver Strand Block Party (Jennifer Manoogian and mini-Block Parties (Cindy Carlin).
4) A review of the Art Tours (Marilee Karlsen).
5) Distribution of the new Homeowner Welcome Packets (Sandy Starr).
6) The Landscape Committee (Sandy Gooch).
7) The Silver Strand News blog. Nora’s proposal to add a Community Bulletin Board for services and requests for same as a page in the blog. (Sandy Starr).
8) Suggestions for other new ideas.
Call for Volunteers:
Nora Nicosia is looking for a Block Captain for Reef Mall. There are other Malls which need a co-chair. Block Captains are an invaluable asset to our community. They perform innumerable tasks ranging from organizing events large and small to being first responders in the event of a catastrophe. If you are interested in volunteering, please feel free to attend the meeting.