TEMPORARY STREET CLOSURES
MDR Fourth of July Fireworks Show Saturday, July 4, 2015
– Show Starts at 9:00 PM – Best viewing spots, Burton Chace Park, Fisherman’s Village and southern end of Via Marina at the channel Entrance or from your rooftop if you live near the harbor.
The following streets will be under soft closure at 1:00 pm:
- Southbound Strongs Dr. at Washington
- Southbound Pacific Ave. at Washington
- Southbound Via Dolce at Washington
- Westbound Washington Blvd. at Pacific
- Northbound Pacific Ave. at Convoy
The following streets will be closed at 6:00 pm:
- Connector from northbound Lincoln Blvd. to Culver
- Connector from southbound Culver Blvd. to Lincoln
- Southbound Culver Blvd. to Route 90
- Northbound Culver Blvd. at Jefferson
The following street will be closed at 7:30 pm:
- Westbound Jefferson Blvd. at Lincoln
The following streets will be closed when parking lots are filled (approx. 8:30 pm):
- Southbound Ocean Ave. at Washington Blvd.
- Southbound Palawan Way at Washington
- Westbound Bali Way at Lincoln
- Westbound Mindanao Way at Lincoln
- Westbound Fiji Way at Lincoln Blvd.
- Southbound Alla Rd. at Short Ave., Bonaparte Ave., Panama St. and Route 90
The following streets will be closed at 8:50 pm:
- Southbound Mindanao Way at Glencoe
- Southbound Lincoln Blvd. at Venice
- Southbound Culver Blvd. at Centinela
- Northbound Lincoln Blvd. at Jefferson
The following streets will be closed at 9:00 pm:
- Northbound La Villa Marina at Mindanao Way
- Southbound Mindanao Way at Route 90
- Southbound Lincoln Blvd. at Route 90
- Southbound Lincoln Blvd. at Washington Blvd
- Southbound Culver Blvd. at Route 90
- Northbound Vista del Mar at Imperial
- Northbound Pershing Drive at Imperial
The following traffic information will take effect from 9:15 pm to 11:00 pm:
- Traffic NB on Via Marina will not be allowed to turn right (EB) to Admiralty Way. Direct traffic to Washington
- Traffic NB on Palawan Way will not be allowed to turn left (WB) or right (EB) to Admiralty Way. Direct traffic to Washington
- Traffic EB on Bali Way will not be allowed to turn left (NB) or right (SB) to Admiralty Direct traffic to Lincoln Blvd. and allow NB and SB.
- Traffic EB on Mindanao Way will not be allowed to turn left (NB) or right (SB) to Admiralty Way. Direct traffic to Lincoln Blvd. and allow right turn (SB) to Lincoln Blvd. or continue East on Mindanao Way to Route
- Traffic EB on Fiji Way will not be allowed to turn left. Allow traffic to turn right (SB) to Lincoln
- Traffic SB on Via Marina will not be allowed. Allow traffic to make a U-Turn north of Via Dolce.
Parking Restrictions on Saturday, July 4, 2015 only:
- Vista del Mar between Culver Blvd. and Imperial Hwy., there will be NO STOPPING ANYTIME signs posted all
- Culver Blvd. between Jefferson Blvd. and Route 90, there will be NO STOPPING 4:00 PM to 11:30 PM posted
- Grand Ave. between Riviera Ave. and Main St., there will be NO STOPPING 11:00 AM TO MIDNIGHT posted
Dockweiler State Beach:
- Once parking lots at Dockweiler State Beach are full, traffic on WB Imperial Hwy. will be directed to Vista del Mar or NB on Pershing Dr. based on traffic
The Marina del Rey WaterBus will cruise through the Marina from 11:00 am to midnight offering the opportunity to shop, dine, and recreate. Bikes and strollers are welcome to board. For on-call pickup at designated stops throughout the Marina, please call 310.628.3219. Fare is
$1.00 per person, one way.
The free Beach Shuttle service operating from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm will provide transportation to major points of interest such as Fisherman’s Village, Waterside Shopping Center, Marina “Mother’s” Beach, and the Venice Beach Pier. For more information, please contact the Marina del Rey Visitor’s Center at 310.305.9545.